If you are in a hurry and want something substantial while on the go, this chicken and potato recipe is the perfect camping companion as it has only five ingredients.
A healthy lunch alternative or light supper while on the road which only takes 15 to 20 minutes to prepare.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
360g new potatoes halved
2 x 200g skinless chicken breast fillet
4 pinches of smoked paprika
2 tbsp low-fat créme fraiche
4 spring onions, finely sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Green Salad leaves to serve
1. Bring a saucepan water to the boil and preheat your grill on highest setting ( you can use a skillet pan or BBQ if you prefer). Once water is boiling, add the potato halves and simmer for 5 minutes. When time is up, carefully lower in the eggs and boil for a further 7 minutes. Then strain both potatoes and eggs in a colander or sieve.
2. While the potato and eggs are cooking, place the chicken breasts flat on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife slice into the side of each breast cutting almost to the very edge, but just short. Open the chicken (like a book) into a butterfly shape and sprinkle over the paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken onto grill tray and cook under the grill for five minutes each side for 5 minutes until perfectly cooked. Adjust the cooking time if required, the chicken should be white all the way through with no pink bits but still moist.
4. Once cooked, set chicken aside while you prepare the potato salad.
5. Tipp the potatoes into a bowl with créme fraiche. Peel the eggs and carefully separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Drop the yolks in with the potatoes adding a generous amount of salt and pepper and mix together.
6. Crumble the egg whites and fold into the potato mixture along with spring onion.
7. Slice the chicken and serve separately, or on top of the potato salad with a side of greens.