Here is a healthy but delicious Pumpkin recipe which is vegan friendly, gluten and dairy free! Curl up to a movie and have with your dipper of choice.
This recipe can be cooked at home and frozen so you can enjoy it anytime.
500g pumpkin or butternut squash
400g tin of chickpeas
3 cloves garlic cloves separated and peeled
1 tbsp oil
1 pinch salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 180/350/Gas 4.
2. Toss the pumpkin and garlic together in the oil in a baking tray, then sprinkle with salt.
3. Gently roast for 20- 30 minutes, or until the flesh is soft and lightly golden around the edges. Do not let the garlic burn, remove it from the pan sooner if necessary.
4. Remove from oven and let cool a little.
5. Tip the pumpkin, chickpea and garlic into a food processor. Add in the tahini and lemon juice and whizz until smooth and creamy.
6. When smooth, taste and adjust the seasoning. If it tastes very sweet, add a little salt.If it tastes flat, add a little more lemon juice. Whizz again, then taste again.
7. When you are happy, tip into a serving bowl, or continue below if you'd like to make the 'Pumpkin Brains'.
Looking for inspiration for your next camping recipe? checkout our useful information page with camping friendly recipes for your next adventure!