A mouth watering camping breakfast for the whole family to enjoy which will keep you going all day long. Substitute with your own favourite berries and serve up with orange juice or coffee.
Prep time 5 mins, cooking time 10 mins - devoured almost instantly. You can cook this breakfast on a cast iron skillet inside your motorhome, or set up a campfire and enjoy the experience of cooking alfresco.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
8-12 Slices Bread (depending on thickness)
2 cups Milk
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Vanilla
1 container Mascarpone Cheese (quality grade)
1 cup Blackberries
1. Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
2. Lay out bread and spread on a thick layer of Mascarpone cheese on each piece of bread.
3. Add blackberries to half of the bread slices.
4. Sandwich the bread together and press down.
5. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture.
6. If cooking on pan: place each slice in hot greased cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook until crispy and cooked through (about 4-5 mins) on each side.
8. Serve with maple syrup. Bon Appetite!