Try out this delicious recipe - Moroccan style Chicken Breast in tinfoil parcels given to us by Richard Ferris, long time motorhome owner and trusted friend of Anchor Point Motorhomes. Ideal while on your travels - Easy, no fuss & packed full with flavour.
Food is quiet a major part of motorhome touring, whether you chose to let others do the cooking for you, or if you enjoy scouring continental and local markets and supermarket for yourself. Seeking out what fresh local produce or unusual ingredients are available can be so inspiring and a delightful part of the motorhome way of life. We hope you get to enjoy this recipe during your travels.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 Fresh chicken breasts
Moroccan tangine spices - 1 pack
1 medium diced onion
1 clove of garlic
Fresh ginger grated or finely chopped (1 thumb size)
Chilli powder to taste
Dash of olive oil for frying
Lemon Dressing (Batch Size)
2 teaspoons of English Mustard
2/3 dessert spoons of sugar, honey or Canderel
30% Lemon and 70% extra virgin olive oil
1. To make the dressing, squeeze the juice into an empty jam jar, catching any pips.
2. Add the oil, mustard and sweetener of choice into the jar.
3. Put the lid securely on the jar and shake well.
4. Have a taste and adjust to your preference.
1. Add oil to the frying pan and gently fry the onion, garlic, ginger, red peppers and chilli in a pan on a low to medium heat to infuse flavours.
2. Combine the pan mixture with the Tangine spices and moisten with lemon dressing.
3. Slice a hole in each chicken breast and stuff with mixture.
4. Wrap each breast individually in tin foil. Ensure the envelope is well sealed.
5. Pop onto the BBQ or Oven cook until chicken is cooked through.
6. If you wish, sear upper side of cooked chicken breast on a griddle pan or BBQ with cracked black pepper before serving.
Serve with your favourite pop and side dish of your choice - salad, rice, couscous or baked potato. Simple and delicious!